Sunday, January 18, 2009

Imperialist Grooming

Not being in the Navy anymore means I don't have to shave and like all recently released males, I have grown a scruffy goatee. My goal was merely to look unemployable, but someone pointed out that the facial hair makes me look a bit like a certain portrait of Sir Richard Francis Burton. It's wishful thinking on my part, but maybe there is a resemblance.



To complete the look I should really have an African warrior throw a spear through my cheeks to have those famous scars.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is fascinating. You've effectively altered your entire facial structure, changing the "type" of face you present to the world and thus the way people perceive you on first glance. It would take a woman major cosmetic surgery to achieve what a man is able to do by growing a little hair. Amazing. It suits you nicely.

12:05 PM  
Anonymous seattleangel79 said...

Wow, the likeness is quite convincing!

3:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perhaps,... but Zonker Harris, for sure !! =)

10:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home